Growing Ficus Benjamina Bonsai is a lot simpler task than you think. Even if you do not have any prior knowledge or experience can do it just about fine.
As it can adapt to the environment real quick, that makes it ideal for beginners.
If you are a beginner and trying to figure out exactly what you need to do and how exactly to do that, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
Here are 7 easy steps to grow Ficus Benjamina Bonsai as a beginner.
Growing A Ficus Benjamina Bonsai Outdoors
Ficus Benjamina needs adequate sunlight regularly. So you have to keep it somewhere where it will get sunlight. And growing it outside can be a fine option. As long as you water it and don’t let it dry. And also you should take extra care of it if you are going to keep it outside. Though as a bonsai it needs a lot more care than other kinds of plants.
The Indoor Ficus Benjamina
Bonsai is perfect to grow indoor. Because you will need a lot of time and scope to look after it. However, Ficus Bensamina needs plenty of sunlight. Even partial sunlight will do the job. So place it where you can have sunlight inside your home, be it beside the window or the balcony.
Styles of Ficus Benjamina
Ficus Benjamina can be trained and shepherd into different styles. It is excellent for these styles-
- Formal upright style, also known as Chokkan
- Informal upright style, also known as Moyogi
- Broom style, also known as Hokidachi
- Cascade style, also known as Kengai
- Semi-cascade style, also known as Han-kengai
- Clasped-to-rock, also known as Seki-joju
- Rock-over-root style, also known as Ishisuki
From propagation to repotting and placing your Ficus in the right place, we have discussed every basic thing that you need to grow Ficus Benjamina Bonsai. I hope, it will help you. If you need more information about it, feel free to let me know in the comment section down below. We will be happy to help you all.
- Top 9 Easy Growing Bonsai Trees To Grow
- How to Water Bonsai Trees in 2021? Tips & Tricks
- Is My Bonsai Tree Dead? An Easy Answer In 2021
- Why Bonsai Is So Expensive?
- 15 Unique Bonsai Tree Ideas